- Windows EverQuest 2 Altar of Malace Client Downloader (Run GIT-CLIENT.bat file using wget)
- Windows EverQuest 2 Desert of Flames Client Downloader (Run Git-DoF-CLIENT)
We currently have 2 development servers available. The first is the C++ (code) development server (Zeklabs). The second of these
is the Content (Quests,Items, Spells, Etc) development server (EQ2emulator). Please choose which you wish to connect to and follow the steps below
Please follow step 1 for Zeklabs (C++/Code Development) or step 1a for EQ2emulator (Content) servers.
1. Modify eq2_default.ini in your EverQuest 2 directory for the play test server (Code) zeklabs.com:
1a. Modify eq2_default.ini in your EverQuest 2 directory for the content test server:
2. Run EverQuest2.exe in your EverQuest 2 directory, be patient as client can take a while to load.
WARNING: DO NOT RUN "EQ2.EXE" OR "LAUNCHPAD.EXE"! IF YOU DO YOU RISK PATCHING YOUR CLIENT AND REQUIRE UNINSTALL/REINSTALL OF EVERQUEST 2 ON STEAM. WE RECOMMEND DELETING OR RENAMING BOTH "EQ2.EXE" and "LAUNCHPAD.EXE" SO YOU DON'T RUN IT BY MISTAKE!
3. Login with a username and password of your choice, if rejected the username is already taken, try another.